The 7th February marks the national “Time to Talk Day” in a bid to end mental health discrimination.
Peter Duffy Limited continues its’ Mental Health Training throughout the business to ensure staff from all departments and roles are trained in understanding common mental health issues, and the skills required to signpost people to support.
By giving our staff and the public facts about mental health and the practical skills to support well-being, we work towards building a healthier workforce.
• Around 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem this year
• Mental health issues can affect anyone at anytime
• Everyone has mental health, just as we all have physical health
• Males working in the construction industry have the highest rates of suicide, 3.7 times above the national average
Know the Signs
• Increased feelings of being overwhelmed
• Decreased productivity due to distraction
• Increased agitation or conflict with co-workers
• Lack of self-confidence
• Isolation from peers
• Increased lateness or absent
Let’s work towards building a healthier and happier workforce, free from stigma.